Thursday, November 1, 2007

Celebrate National Adoption Month!

November is National Adoption Month. There are several suggestions for celebrating the month at www.adoption.com, but I'd like to suggest one that is not listed there. This idea not only celebrates adoption, but is an easy way to show that you support the adoption of children into their forever family.

This necklace: http://adoptionshop.com/adoption_products/Adoption-Infinity-Circle-Necklace.html is an inexpensive way to not only celebrate National Adoption Month, but to also show your support for adoption. Since I've been wearing it, I've had several people ask me about it. It's a great venue for starting a conversation about why you support adoption, your adoption story, and just maybe be the first step towards getting someone else to think about bringing home their child through adoption!

If you don't jump on this idea to celebrate adoption, please consider some other way to celebrate this month. The more people are aware of the need for adopting children, the more likely it is that we can find homes for children needing forever families!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm adopted and got wonderful parents. My birth parents died when I was little. I have several brothers and sisters, but we were all adopted out to different families and I don't have contact with them. If I could change anything it would have been that, but I understand that everyone just wanted to make their own family close. That is a cute necklace.
Take care, Chrissie