Thursday, June 12, 2008

Bike riding with Gracie

Remember when I told you about that wonderful bikeseat that I bought for Gracie last fall for her first birthday? If you've forgotten, here's the seat.

Well, a couple of days ago I took her out for ride, and realized that my baby girl is getting too big for the seat. The seat is only rated for up to 40 lbs, and Gracie is 26 lbs, but the real issue is that the seat gets in the way of my pedalling. I really like the seat, but I think it's time to move to something else. So we checked out Craigslist to see what was available - nothing that we were interested in. I decide to googl bike trailers, as we had one when the two older girls were little, and it worked great. It was a two-seater that I think we got at Sams Club. We gave it away to friends when we thought we were done with little ones (Never say never!). So I found this on Amazon:

The Instep Quik and EZ bike trailer It's not too fancy, but the reviews I found on it were pretty good. The reviewers mostly said that for the price it was a good trailer, but it is best for road and trail riding, i.e. smooth surfaces. That's the kind of riding I do, so for free shipping offerred, I went ahead and bought it.We should get it next week. I'll let you know how it works out. In the meantime, we'll keep using the front mounted bikeseat we have. If this trailer works out, look for my bikeseat to be posted on Craigslist!

No comments: