Sunday, April 5, 2009

Putting up our Easter Tree






The other day my niece, who has 3 daughters, sent a Smilebox of 2 of her girls (the smallest one is a tiny baby) putting strings on plastic eggs and hanging them on a tree in their front yard. Her daughters are young, 3 and 1. It was so darn cute, that I decided that I should see about getting our Easter tree up.

Several years ago my mother gave us a small Easter tree with little wooden ornaments that you hang on the tree limbs. It's a table top tree. We used to put it up every year, but then as the two older girls got older, it didn't seem to be a high priority. Last year, you may recall, I wasn't even home for Easter as I was with my father because he was very ill.

So this year, I decided to ressurect the tradition of putting up the tree. Grace thought it was pretty cool, although she did the same thing that the other two girls used to do when they hung the ornaments on the tree - hung them all on the same branch! I took a few photos to mark the occasiion. You can see that Grace got a little tired of me asking her to smile, because she gave me this cheesy goofy smile in some of the photos!

But she's still adorable, if I do say so myself. DD1, DD2 and DH weren't home, so they missed out on the activities.

No comments: