Saturday, February 17, 2007

Chinese New Year!!!

Yesteerday was the beginning of the Chinese New Year - Year of the Pig! Happy Chinese New Year!!!

Not much new news since my last post. We're still waiting and waiting to hear something about mei mei. There was hope out there in the adoption community that there would be a short batch of referrals before CNY from the CCAA. Sadly, that didn't happen. So now everyone is guessing that the next batch of referral will be out the first week of March or so. Depending on how far the CCAA gets this time around will tell us whether we will find out who Grace is the next time around or the time after. I'm hoping, of course, that we will be in the next batch after this one, but I'm willing to wait for the batch after. At least we know that we're close! For a very long time, it's felt like we may not ever get to feeling this excitement of being so close!

DH said something a couple of days ago that surprised me. He said that something told him that his father wouldn't be around this coming Christmas. His father is 83 years old, so I guess it's natural to start thinking these things and preparing for when that time does come. But I was surprised. I love my FIL, not the same way I love my father, but all the same he is a good man. He loves his children, even though he has trouble showing it, and I know he loves his grand daughters. I pray that he feels the same way about Grace. I just don't know though, and DH's comment got me to thinking that we may not know now, but have to wait until we see him heaven. Who knows? After all, I never thought that my mother wouldn't be around to meet Grace when we started this whole thing two years ago. Even though she was sick when I first told her, I didn't think it would take her life. Now here we are two years later, she has been gone for over a year, and we're still waiting for Grace. God works in ways I don't understand, but have to trust. Lord, give me the faith to trust you and your timing!

No comments: