Sunday, February 4, 2007

It's Super Bowl Sunday!!!

It's been quite awhile since I've written. There hasn't been too much to report. I think I missed posting when the referrals come in early January that put the CCAA at September 29, 2005. This past week on Feb 2 they finished referrals through October 13! With our LID being November 4, 2005, we are less than 1 months worth of LIDs before they get to us, and it's our turn to see our daughter's face! How exciting is that?!

Yesterday DD1 and I went shopping at Miejer for a birthday gift for her friend. While we were there, we saw little girl's winter coats marked down considerably for the end of the season. I wasn't going to buy one, but DD1 talked me in to it. So we now have bought our first piece of clothing for Grace - a baby blue winter jacket with a fake fur collar in size 24 months. I figure if Grace can't use it, then we'll give it away to someone that can. It was only $6.24 marked down from $25. So it was a good deal.

Let's see, to get you all caught up on what's been going on since December, I'll write a short entry. DD2 turned 10 in January, my father turned 67 in January, my great-niece Kaitlyn turned 1 in January, and I went to Nuremberg, Germany the last week of January. DD2s birthday party was a skating party and sleep over. Everyone had a good time, although my brother and my dad had to miss the party because of getting a call from my sister that her daughter had fallen and was taken to the hospital in an ambulance. It was kind of scary, but everything turned out okay. My niece only had a bruised head and two bruised knees. Earlier that afternoon we went to my great-niece's 1st birthday party at my niece's house. Kaitlyn is such a cutie. She loved all the attention, gifts and of course the cake! The next day we went to Old Country Buffet to celebrate my dad's birthday. It was fun, and everyone had a great weekend!

Last week, I went to Germany. It was a fun trip for work. I went with my boss and another colleague to attend a workshop. We left on Sunday afternoon, arrived in Nuremburg on Monday evening, went to the workshop on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, and then flow home on Friday. It was a tiring trip, but I got to go on a guided tour of Nuremburg, eat at a Franconian restaurant, a really upscale restaurant, and a trendy restaurant while we were there. I bought a few little souvenirs for the DDs and DH. All in all it was a good trip.

Now it is February. I have less than one month before turning the big 50! DH bought tickets to see Wicked in Chicago on March 4 to celebrate my birthday. It should be fun! And it will help pass the time as we wait to hear about the referral of Grace!!! I can't believe that it's finally getting to be our turn. It seems we have waited soooooo long, when actually it ends up being almost exactly a year later than we thought it would be.

Well, I've gotta get a nap in. I'm still trying to overcome my jetlag, and the big game starts in about 4 hours. The Colts are playing the Bears. It should be a great game! Go Colts!!!!

No comments: