Monday, September 15, 2008

One therapy down one to go!

Today was Gracie's last day with her developmental therapist. I should've taken a photo of them together, but of course, didn't think of it until later when it was too late. It was pretty anticlimactic really. All ther dt said was that she knew from the day she met Grace that she was going to catch up quickly, and that she has. She did say that she would miss Grace because she was such a cutie, and so smart. I can't tell you how many time her dt has told us that it's so nice to work with parents that are actively involved in their child's therapy. She's said several times to me that alot of the moms the time that she's there with their child to go have a smoke and use her as a free babysitter. I'm not saying this because I think we're better than other parents. I just don't understand how you wouldn't want to be there for your child. I do have to admit that there were times when we didn't have time to work on everything the therapist wants us to, but I'm always interested in watching Grace interact with the therapists, watch them work with her, and hear her progress. I think it must just be a matter of being overwhelmed for some parents, that they don't feel the same way. I truly feel blessed to have Gracie be casught up developmentally, and am very thankful to Laura her therapist for helping her get there so quickly!

Now she only has to finish up her pt, which her therapist has said she thinks she'll be caught up by the end of the month. She wants Grace to learn to kick better. She says she has to work on her "motion planning". Who knew that motion planning is something that's learned!? Anyway, she's almost there, and then she'll be finished with First Steps. I have to say that I'm happy with the job that First Steps has done, and again am grateful for her therapists and the care that she's received in the program!

No comments: