Thursday, February 12, 2009

She's going thru something!

Poor Grace. She is clingy when I'm home to the point of throwing a fit if anyone else tries to hold her or sit with her. She wants to be held alot! Although it's nice to be loved, it's hard to get anything done with a 2 year old hanging on me! Someday I guess I'll look back on these days and miss them because she actually wanted to be around me, but right now it's hard to think of anything but wanting a little bit of me time.

The other thing that she's doing is waking up at night maybe 2 or 3 time screaming. Usually she's fine if I go in and comfort her a little bit or give her a drink of water, but boy it's hard to function when you get woken up so many times a night.

Lastly, she seems to be going through a screaming phase whenever she wants something or doesn't get what she wants. I don't know if she picked this up from daycare, or if she's frustrated that she can't express herself or what. But it sure does put stress on the eardrums.

Anyway,I'm wondering what this stage is all about. Is she going through a normal insecurity phase, or is she feeling insecure for some other reason related to being adopted? I don't know, and probably never will, but I pray that we can all get good rest soon!

No comments: