Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Then again, maybe not

A couple of posts ago I told you all that Gracie was potty trained completely.Well, I'm retracting that slightly. She is still mostly potty trained, but something that's been happening the last couple of nights make me think that maybe she has a reason for waking up at night.

For the last couple of nights, she has been waking up wet. Wet to where I've had to change her pants, her pj's and her cribsheet. So last night we decided to put a diaper on her just in case. Like I mentioned before we don't have pullups, so diapers were the next best thing. I put them on her, and voila! she slept through the entire night! Not once did she wake up crying, calling out for mommy. So we all got a good night's rest. Ohm and she was dry this morning.

So here's my theory: Having the diaper on is her security. She doesn't feel the need to wake up and call out. She can "hold it" until morning. Of course, after just one night doesn't prove my theory, but we'll try the diaper again tonight and see if it makes a difference again. Let's hope so!!

No comments: