Monday, October 13, 2008

Halloween costumes for DDs

Halloween is always something that our girls have looked forward to. I too remember getting excited about dressing up and trick-or-treating. Now, as a parent, it's not near as fun, but it's still fun to help the kids figure out their costumes, and see all the neighborhood kids costumes as they come around for trick-or-treat.

This weekend, I was in Dollar Tree to get cheap stickers for Gracie, and happened to see these fairy wings. They came in red, blue, green, orange and yellow. Next to those there was a little fairy skirt that came in the same colors with the exception that the blue was a different shade of blue than the wings (why would that be?!). Anyway, I started thinking that this would be a cute costume for Gracie! DD1 and DD2 were with me, so course, we couldn't stop at those two things. By the time we got out of there, we bought the skirt, the wings, slip on shoes, a wand, and a tiara - all in green. We decided to go with green because Gracie has a pair of green blue Tinker Bell pjs that I think she'll be able to wear with the rest of the outfit, and Voila she'll BE Tinker Bell!!!

If for some reason it's too warm (it was 86 degrees here yesterday!), then I'll have her wear a onesie with tights. She'll be adorable! We were all 3 pretty proud that we got her a costume for $5!

Well, then we went onto Walmart, and DD2 wanted a larger light up fairy skirt for $13 to be able to go as a dance teacher. That's all she needs, so we got off there cheap on her too! DD1 wanted leg warmers and hair scrunchies to be a girl from the 1980's, $11! So for 3 girls, 3 costumes, we spent $29!!! Not bad! I can't EVER remember getting costumes that cheap. I'm so blessed to have girls that are very good about considering cost, and I just love getting a bargain!!

So we are all set for Halloween with the exception of the candy to hand out. I'm not getting that until the last minute, because if we have it too early, I'll eat it all!!

No comments: