Monday, January 19, 2009

Gracie is sick!

Poor baby. She has been running a fever for the last 2 1/2 days, basically since Friday afternoon. Motrin has been controlling it well, but after 6 hours the fever keeps coming back. The highest we've read is 103 degrees, and she's coughing quite a bit. I decided last night that if she wasn't beeling better that I would call the doctor's office today. I called this morning at around 9, and the nurse told me that usually they say that if a fever is present for 3 days that they have the child come in. I asked what the biggest thing they worry about, and she said pneumonia. I don't think she has pneumonia, but tomorrow I'm going to have DH take her in. That is, unless she wakes up fever free, which at this point I don't think is the case. As a matter of fact, it's 10:30 p.m. and she's coughing right now.

I really just think it's a cold, but to be safe most likely she'll be in the doctor's office tomorrow!

No comments: