Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Happy Birthday to You!

Today my baby turns 12 years old! DD2 is 12, can you believe it?! She's so excited about turning 12, that she can hardly stand it. I'm not sure why she is so excited, but maybe it's because she's one step closer to being able to get a cell phone. She is supposed to be able to get a cell phone when she turns 13, like her big sister, but she's working mighty hard to get mom and dad to give and get her one early. I told her that there were several reasons she wasn't going to get one, not the least of which is that she doesn't need one. So maybe that's why.

She had a pretty quiet birthday. We had a fairly big snow here today, and it's VERY cold, so I left work early to make sure I could get home okay. By the time I got home around 4:30, the girls and DH had left for DD1's and DD2's dance classes. So I was home alone. I decided to surprise DD2 by baking her a birthday cake. I had stopped at Dunham Sports to buy her some pre-wrap. For those of you that aren't in the know (like I as up until a week ago or so), pre-wrap is what all the 6th grade girls are using as headbands!

So she came home at 8:30 or so, and was very surprised to see a birthday cake on table just waiting for her to blowout the lighted candles. I asked DD1 to take video, which she did, but you'll see that she's not the most creative videographer there is, and it's pretty lame. But it does show the cake and DD2 well, so I guess that's what's important, I mean that we capture the moment.



The cake was very good. You can see from the video that Gracie was pretty excited to help her sister out with the task of blowing the candles out.

DD2's birthday party is the 23rd, so tonight was just a small celebration to show her how much she's loved, which she is hugely loved! Birthdays are special, and I love to make the girls feel special on their own birthday. This was my way of showing her that.

1 comment:

Karsynn's Mommy...Sammi said...

I love the video. The song is priceless and Rachel's face even more priceless. She is SO excited to be 12. Isn't it funny how you want so badly to grow up only to wish you were young again. Life's strange that way.