Thursday, March 15, 2007

Getting to know our potential travel buddies

One of the guys with AHH started a google group for all of us that have a LID within the range that AHH thinks we might be travelling together (the list of names came from AHH). So I posted about a week ago, telling everyone who we were, what we requested for our referral, when we expect to get our referral and when to travel. I also mentioned that we had two daughters.

Today I read two different emails from ladies in the group asking about travel with children. One woman from Kentucky, Angie, said they have 3 of their daughters travelling with them, 4, 13 and 14 years old. Another woman, Sandra, from Lousianna says that they are bringing their almost 7 year old daughter with them too. So our daughters will have other girls within their age range to talk with and spend time with too. That's good. I know they'll get bored, and have friend withdrawl. Having these other girls to talk with should help with that.

Still no rumors out there about when the next batch of referrals will come in. I guess it's that dead period where referrals have come out, but it's too soon for any news on the next batch. It's harder this time because we're getting so close!

On a happy note, I got my bonus in my paycheck today! After taxes it's about $1500. Not too shabby! I want to save most of it, but we had some big expenses on our van this month, and the insurance for all our vehicles came due. So God knew we'd need the extra money! So we'll save what we can, and pay the bills with the rest.

No comments: