Sunday, March 25, 2007

A quiet weekend

Well, as our weekend dies down, I have to say it's been a quiet one. We picked up the girls at their respective friends' houses this morning on our way to church. After church we came home. DD2 asked me if she could fix me lunch, so I went upstairs to clean the bathroom while she prepared it (she thinks she wants to be a chef, so I guess I was her guinea pig today!).

Here's what I had for lunch:

1 piece of dry toast with squeeze butter, unsweetened applesause, soy milk with sugar free rasberry syrup, dark chocolate covered pretzels and strawberries (together). I ate all of it because she was so sweet to want to fix me lunch, and it wasn't bad at all. I especially enjoyed the chocolate covered pretzels and strawberries. She had taken some of my dark chocolate Dove candies, melted them in the microwave and coated the frozen strawberries and pretzels with them. Pretty creative!

The bad part about all this is that this set off a day of having a very difficult time following the WW core program. DH bought me a Starbucks mocha for breakfast, and then I'd made brownies last night because he said he wanted something sweet. I resisted eating any last night, but ate 2 today. So tomorrow I have to get back on track, but it was worth it to see my little girl's face light up when I told her how much I enjoyed her creation!

Now DDs are jumping on the trampoline (it's been a beautiful day in the low 80's), and DH went for a motorcycle ride.

No comments: