Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Ahhh, Starbucks!

One of the things that I've missed since being in China is Starbucks. I don't have Starbucks everyday back in the states, but if you ask anyone that knows me well, they'll tell you I do like Starbucks! In the heat of a summer day, I usually stick with Frappacinos, instead of the standard mocha cafe I get in the cooler months.

So imagine my delight when we went out walking yesterday after Gracie's medical appointment, and saw this Starbucks. It's a beautiful one too. The architecture of the outside of the building is very french in nature. They say that Shamian Island was heavily influenced by french and english architecture. That's evident from walking down the streets. Most of the buildings were built in the 1800's. DH says that this place reminds him of New Orleans, and I'd have to agree. It really is lovely, and the people here are so friendly. Many of them speak English, or at least some English, and are anxious to talk with you. Back at Starbucks: I had a Mocha Frappacino, and DH had a mango juice slushy thing. Both were VERY good!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Mary,
I have never been to Starbucks, but that mango juice slushy sounds really good. I'm not a coffee drinker... can you believe it my momma tried to get me to drink, but I enjoy hot tea better. Love the pictures. You guys are right it's beautiful.
Take care, Chrissie

Anonymous said...

nice pics and i am so glad you got a Starbucks,even in China.
lisa

Anonymous said...

It is a lovely Starbucks. The photo of the three of you is priceless:)



gabrielle