Friday, August 3, 2007

Gracie becomes a member of our family forever!

I know I'm working somewhat backwards, but I wanted to make sure that I posted a little bit about the day that the adoption was final. That was on Tuesday, July 31. We went back to the Civil Affairs office, that is the office where we picked Gracie up the day before, at around 1:30 in the afternoon. On this day, things were alot quieter. We were the only group in the office waiting to finalize our adoptions. When we were on the bus traveling there, Alison asked all of us if we all wanted to keep our babies, and we all answered a resounding yes. What a blessing for all of the families in our group. Please thank God as you think of how 8 families were either created or extended on that day!

Once we were at the office, it was a matter of adding our fingerprints to the paperwork we had filled out the day before back at the hotel. DH went first, then me, then Gracie. As you can see from the pictures Dad took, getting Gracie to give her fingerprint was a bit challenging. The first time she actually got the ink on her dad rather than on the paperwork. But in the end, she did great.

I can't tell you the feeling of finalizing the adoption of our precious Grace. It's pretty amazing. Reflecting on the long journey we've taken to get to the point of adding this God selected child to our family, I know now that the wait was well worth it! Gracie is an amazing little girl, and to think of how much she's gone through already at just 10 months old, is overwhelming. She's a fighter for sure, and I feel truly blessed to be able to call her my daughter!  I'm so anxious to have her meet her sisters back home.

Here are photos from finalizing the adoption. The little girl in the purple shirt is Kaylee. She is the daughter of one of the other adopting families in our group. Boy, is she a cutie!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi mary. This is my first visit to your journal and I will be back!  I would love to adopt a baby from China but with already have two daughters of my own, I hear it can be hard.
congratulations to you and your family.  She is beautiful and I know you feel blessed.
Tina

Anonymous said...

How precious your new little girl is!  I can tell already she is gonna be a daddys girl and a princess...lol...I acutally came to your journal today via Chrissie and I started reading from the beginning :)...love it!

Kelly

Anonymous said...

Oh Mary those are priceless pictures. I'm so happy your Dad is with you recording every moment of it. Thank you for sharing such a private thing in your life with all of us out here. It was so funny because the night that I found your journal. I had been looking at older children (around 6yo) that were up for adoption. I wish I had the means I would adopt a child now that mine are grown. My mom and dad adopted me when their last child was 16yo.
Hope you didn't mind that I invited my friends. They are each and every one very special people. I hope when you get back to the US that you'll get to know everyone.
Take care, Chrissie

Anonymous said...

what a wonderful blessing! Congratulations!
lisa

Anonymous said...

she looks so cute in all the pictures i miss you alot mum it is funny when she is pulling dh passport