Tuesday, November 25, 2008

I think this is a record for us!




Yes, our Christmas tree is up and decorated, and it's not even Thanksgiving Day yet! We decided to go ahead and get it put up last night because we weren't going to be home this weekend. It was either put it up then when we could, or come home early on Saturday to be able to put it up on Sunday. The girls, of course, didn't want to wait and didn't want to come home early. Well, I should say that DD2 didn't. DD1 would like to be able to come home, but not to put up Christmas decorations. She would like to spend the weekend with her friends. Ah, living with a 15 year old!

We still have lots of other decorations to put up, but we've got a good start. Gracie loved putting the ornaments on the tree. She actually was quite helpful. Unlike last year when all she wanted to do was to take everything off the tree that we put on it.

I think she'll really enjoy Christmas this year. She's already going around singing her version of Jingle Bells, which is all of "Jingle, Jingle Bells, all the way" over and over. It's really very cute!

We are headed to my hometown for Thanksgiving to spend time with my father, my brother and his family, and my sister and her family. We plan on shopping early on Black Friday, which is somewhat of a tradition for my sister and I. Sometimes we get to go together, and sometimes we're not in the same town. But we always go shopping and check in with each other during our shopping. What fun!

Happy Thanksgiving!




1 comment:

Karsynn's Mommy...Sammi said...

I love the tree. We're working on our now...oh the joy of fighting with tree branches. Have a safe trip, a Happy Thanksgiving, and love to all!