Monday, July 23, 2007

All that's left is the waiting!

Well, today we finished up our packing and got pretty much everything ready to leave early Wednesday morning for Chicago. I only ran into a couple of snags. The first of which was having too many liquids for two carry-ons. My dad is going to carry on some of the baby medicines we need to take in his 1 qt Ziploc bag, so that problem is solved. I just need to get the stuff down to my brother's before we leave. The 2nd problem, has a similar solution. I called in refills for my allergy perscriptions on Saturday, pills and nose spray. Well, I went in to pick them up today and the pharmacy said that they could only refill the nose spray because it hadn't been long enough inbetween when I last refilled the pills for my insurance to cover it. The earliest it could be refilled is Wednesday, the 25th. That wouldn't be a problem, but we'll be in the air on Wednesday on our way to Chicago. Argh!!! So again, I asked my dad if he would stop by and pick it up on his way to my brother's before he leaves on Thursday morning. He said he will. Both problems solved! Good thing my dad is going with us, if for no other reason than the be our packmule and assistant :-)

So tomorrow night, we'll take the girls to their respective homes where they'll be staying. Then we'll get up really early Wednesday morning to get to the airport, and we're off!

Here's a photo I took of my bags. The one on the right is my roller carry-on. The one of the left is the diaper bag that I'm using as a backpack. I have to tell all those nay-sayers, that I was able to get everything into my carry-ons AND I even was able to pack a Thermos!!! That's DD1 laying on the bed watching tv. Boy am I gonna miss her and her sister while we're away!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to let you know that I am praying for you.  I pray for your journey to China for you and your DH and your father.  I pray for your two DDs that you leave in the care of your friends.  I pray for all the babies that will joined with their forever family in the coming weeks.  I pray for the people of China that made this possible for you.  I pray for Grace that she may know the voices and smell of her mother and father and be comforted by your touch.  I pray for Christ to wrap his loving arms around you and keep you safe.  And, I pray for you to be comforted in love and peace as you take on this last part of your long journey to be united with your daughter.  All these things and more I pray for you.  

DD1, DD2, and now DD3 are all very blessed to have such wonderful, kind, thoughtful, loving parents as you two.

Trust in the Lord and he shall provide!

Peace be with you.

Becky C. (I'll be waiting and reading in Kok)

Anonymous said...

Have a great trip and take lots of pictures. Can't wait to see when you get home I'm gonna put you on alerts to I can check back.
Take care, Chrissie