Sunday, July 1, 2007

Watching home videos

The girls wanted to watch home videos on tape from when they were little. So DD1, DD2 and I watched videos of DD1 when she was about 3, and DD2 was a baby. From there they were 6 and 3. They were so cute. One of the results of watching these videos was to get me excited about having a baby in the house again. They are both just too stinkin cute, and I'm sure Grace will be just as cute at those ages too!

Right now, we're watching DD1 dance in her training pants while DD2 sites in her baby chair watching. Both girls loved to dance!

We had a productive weekend cleaning the girls room. We REALLY cleaned them. Actually we're not totally done, but things are getting more organized. We moved the dresser us in DD2's room. So tomorrow I'm going to move the little bit of clothing for Grace into the dresser. That should be fun!

Besides that we went to get fabric for the good wishes quilt. Each girl bought fabric as did I. It's funny that I've gotten more questions about how the quilt blocks work from my family than I could've imagined. They keep thinking that you need to write the good wish on the fabric. I think this confusion comes from where my sister made a quilt for my mom when she went through her first round of chemo. My sister asked everyone to send her a quilt square with a message on it. Some people sent painted blocks, some sent embroidered blocks, some had pictures scanned on them. It was lovely, but it confused my family to now ask for quilt blocks and a good wish. I told those that have asked that they can put whatever they want on the block, but they didn't need to. I think they understand now, but I never imagined that it would be so confusing!

 

No comments: