Friday, July 6, 2007

Our TA came in on July 2!

Wow! We heard from our agency yesterday that our TA came in! I was totally surprised. We were told that it would take 4 from the time our LOAs went back until we heard anything. Our LOAs for our travel group went out on June 15. So it only took 3 weeks. Our agency is asking for CA on either August 8 or 9. So if all goes well, by this time next month we'll be with Grace, getting to know her, and having her get to know us. How cool is that?!

In the meantime, I've picked up the pace on getting things ready to travel. My DB and SIL came into town on the 4th to spend the next week and a half with us. They have an 8 month old little boy, and of course, I forgot that he'd need something to sleep in. So we tried to come up with a pack-n-play (ours is at my dad's), but couldn't find one. They graciously brought down their other baby crib (they had twins the first time) for us to use for Grace. But it was all in pieces. So at 11 p.m. on Wednesday, we decided that we might as well put up the baby crib and go buy a mattress since we'll be needing one anyway. Where else can you decided you need a baby crib mattress at 11 o'clock at night on a holiday and be able to drive less than a mile away and get one?!  The world we live in is an amazing place.

Anyway, we now have the baby crib with the mattress set up. My nephew slept in it one night and got his legs caught between the slats about 4 times before my SIL realized, we need a bumper pad!  Another SIL told me she had a crib set I could have, so at 8 last night we drove to her house and picked up the bumper pad and comforter set. It's on the crib now, and my nephew slept better last night.

I told my SIL that if they stay long enough, we'll end up getting everything we need for Grace out of neccesity for her son to be able to stay here! LOL!

Anyway, I also got the Amoxicillan and scabies meds. I got infant Tylenol, and hydrocortisone cream. I still can't find a small bottle of Benedryl. So I haven't figured out what we're going to do about that. But I'm getting closer to being ready. Well, at least ready with everything I need. I still have to figure out how to pack all this stuff into carry-ons. I think I can do it, but it will be challenging.

Oh, I also bought "When You Were Born in China" to take with us to have the nannies sign, 3 Coolmax t-shirts to take and be able to wash out by hand, 2 capris, and 1 pair of sport shorts - all 3 will dry out quickly. So I think I'm pretty much set!

No comments: