Sunday, May 13, 2007

It's Mother's Day again!

It's Mother's Day 2007, and a quiet one at that. DH surprised me on Friday night by showing up unexpectly at the grocery store checkout. He was able to skip his trip for the weekend to be home for Mother's Day. How sweet! So the weekend started out great that Friday night, but things went downhill, at least for him, from there. He woke up yesterday morning with a sore throat. Poor guy. He's been in bed off and on since. He thinks he's got a sinus infection, sounds terrible, and is coughing up alot of phlem.

I just hope he's better by tomorrow night. Because he wasn't supposed to be home this weekend, he'd made reservations at The Melting Pot for all 4 of us to celebrate on Monday night. He tried to change the reservations when he got home on Friday night, but providentially they didn't have any openings. So I'm hoping he's able to enjoy tomorrow evening. Also we're supposed to go to church tomorrow afternoon to see what happened at the Voice of the Orphans Conference in Colorado Springs this past week. I'm excited to see what our friend found out, so that we can use the info to get Hands of Hope going!

Okay so now back to today, uh Mother's Day. This morning DH woke me up and asked me what I wanted for breakfast. I said oatmeal, so DDs made it for me, and DH went and got me my favorite Starbucks drink. It was nice. DDs also gave me their gifts of Bath & Body works body butter, lotion and lip balm. It was sweet. DH gave me the gift of getting my wedding band re-antiqued. I had told him that's what I wanted, so he took it into the jewelry store earlier last week. I get the ring back on Friday. For lunch we all sat outside on the patio, which was great - wonderful weather, good food, my favorite people to be with. What more could a mother ask for?!

Aftwards, poor DH went back to bed, and I went to work out. DD1 mowed the lawn, while DD2 dusted and vacuumed the play room. How sweet, huh? They're great daughters, and I love them both dearly.

So now, I'm cooking some simple chicken for dinner while DDs are outside on the tramp. DH is still in bed :-(. It's apretty quiet end to a quiet but nice Mother's Day. Next year, I would guess, will be much livelier with Grace here. How fun!!!!

No comments: