Saturday, May 19, 2007

Woke up this morning to Taps!

Today is Saturday, and we don't really have anything too special planned, but I did have a surprise after getting up out of bed and fixing breakfast. I heard taps being played! We live right behind a church, so I figured that's where the music was coming from. And sure enough there were a group of kids practicing playing taps in the parkinglot of the church. Not sure wy they were practicing, but it was kind of comforting in a strange sort of way.

Besides that we've had an interesting week. No news on the referral, so that wasn't the interesting part. What was is that we got our new windows installed. They are really beautiful. The bad part about that is that now we need to do something about window treatments, as I don't want to drill into the vinyl to put the blinds up. Besides I was tired of the blinds, and they're tan where our windows are now white. So they need to go. But what do we put up instead? Right now we have sheets tacked up over our bedroom windows and DD2's bedroom windows. DD1 had curtains already, so no problem there. So I have some work to do to get window treatments!

Another interesting thing that happened this week is that we've been hosting a friend of DD1's whose mother went in for a kidney/pancreas transplant on Monday night. The surgery went very well, and the mom is doing well. But DD1's friend, A, wanted to stay with us this week, so she wouldn't miss school (and well, she prefers to stay with a friend rather than a friend of her mom's - understandable at 13 years old!). So she stayed with us until last night, where she went with a friend of her mom's. DD1 went to stay with her too, just for the night. A will head back home today to be with her stepdad whose coming back from a trip to "swim with the sharks in Carolina". Sounds strange to me that a woman's husband would choose to not be with his wife when she had her transplant surgery, but I know that not everyone lives/thinks like we do. Bottomline is that I'm happy that A's mom is doing so well, and that we could help A while her mom is in the hospital. Please continue to pray for their family.

Tonight is our monthly euchre party. This month we're at our neighbors' house that is also getting windows installed. I'm anxious to see if theirs turned out as well as ours - although I'm pretty sure they did! We also have church this evening, and lots ofcleaning needs to be done. I personally have to go work out, as I've pretty much taken the week off from eating right and working out. So I need to get back on track. I didn't weigh-in this week because of going to the Indy 500 practice at the track on Thursday, so I have to get things back on program to have a good weigh-in next Thursday! Today is the start of that!

No news on referrals other than their is a rumor that this batch will be bigger than the past few months. They are saying they could possibly get to November 16th, which would mean we're a shoein.

No comments: