Thursday, April 26, 2007

Another Day Closer to DD3

There are rumors out that referrals may come to adoption agencies on Monday. But there are also rumors out there that they will only be for 2 days. So that means we wouldn't be included. That would put the CCAA at October 28, 2005. We are November 4, 2005, so we'd be creeping slowly forward. The thought is that this batch of referrals will be small and then the next one will be more like others in the past. If that's true, that means we'd most likely get our referral in June.

There is a national holiday in China beginning next week, so the CCAA will be closed for a week. I don't know if that means that referrals will be delayed because of that or not, but we'll just have to see. If we do get our referral in June, we'd most likely travel in late July, early August. That would be bittersweet as, of course, I want to go to China to get Grace, but DDs would most likely miss the beginning of the school year. I'm not sure how that would work. The other thing is that DD2 will be attending a new school for 5th grade. We'll just have to figure all this out as it happens. It really doesn't do much good to worry about it, when I don't know what will really happen.

I'm sooooooo ready to get our referral and get off of this roller coaster! I don't know that I would've started this whole process back in April 2005 knowing what I know today about the wait. I guess that's why God didn't let us know about the real wait at that time. I don't know. Everyone keeps saying that the long wait becomes a distant memory after you first hold your little girl in your arms on Gotcha Day. Boy I sure hope that's true!

Well, as far as American Idol goes. Noone went home last night. They had a big charity event and said that although they had the votes and knew who was going home, they weren't going to announce it because of the charity. So they'll send two people home next week. After the 2 hour show was all over, DD1 said, I guess that was a waste of time, huh?! Out of the mouths of babes!!!

No comments: