Wednesday, April 4, 2007

The rumors keep getting worse instead of better!

I swore to myself last night that I was going to stop checking the RQ forum looking for rumors, because referrals most likely weren't coming out this week. So I did. Today I decided to check the OctoberDTC05 yahoo group and on it is a rumor from RQ that says referrals will only go through 10/26. Arrghhh! That just can't be. At that rate, they will never get to us. So I am choosing to believe that this is just a rumor with no truth to it.

In the meantime, DH and I met with a guy from Apex windows last night to see about replacing our very aging windows in our home. Of course, right now we don't really have the spare money to buy windows, but this was an opportunity to be a showcase promotion home for this company. All we would have to do is list our address on their website as a showcase home and put a sign up in our yard that says we are a showcase home. We wouldn't be letting anyone into our house to see our windows or anything like that, so it's not bad. In return we'd get a huge discount on getting our windows replaced with some very nice new windows. By huge discount, I mean a 60% discount!

We're seriously considering it. We've got until Monday to make a decision. We can come up with the money if we have to, and it will be hard not to take the deal. Our neighbors too are thinking about doing it. It seems all the homes around here were built around the same time and the windows are all wearing out (like all things do over time). If we do go ahead with this, we could have new windows in within about 6 weeks! Just in time to be opening up the house for summer. How cool would that be to be able to open the windows without worrying about how I'm going to get them closed again if I do! I know it's kind of silly to be excited about windows, but I am. I guess I've got to be able to have something to get excited about, seeing as how this darn adoption is taking so long!

No comments: