Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Not so good news for us

Although it's not horrible news about the cutoff for referrals, it's not good either. The actual cutoff was in fact October 26. So the CCAA only processed 2 days of LIDs for referrals this past month. Referrals came in on Friday, April 6, but most people didn't get theirs until Monday, April 9 because of the Easter weekend. We, of course, didn't get our referral at all, seeing as how our LID is November 4, 2005.

It's frustrating, and causing me to backslide on my healthy eating resolution. I'm still down 20 lbs. from what I was this time last year, but I've still got 15 more to go to be at goal. And then of course there's maintenance - that will be a lifetime thing. But I'm bound and determined to reach goal and STAY there this time!

In the meantime, there's no word about our adoption. We've pretty much stalled on any preparations, as there doesn't seem to be much urgency. If the CCAA keeps only processing 2 days at the time until they get to us, we can't expect our referral until July! That would put us at 20 months from LID to referra. This is just unbelievable,  considering we thought that our wait would be 6 to 8 months when we started this whole process!

I must admit I'm having a hard time being patient. I don't know why the wait is taking so long, and I don't understand God's plan for us now. Most likely it will become clearer to me after we actually get to meet our daughter, but right now it eludes me. I just have to keep trusting.

Also, there was a tragedy that happened at Virginia Tech on Monday. A 23 year old man, boy really, went on a shooting spree killing 32 people plus himself. How awful for all of those families and for the other students on campus. I can't imagine how they're all feeling. It's got to be difficult. My prayer for them is that they know the Lord is with them, that they can lean on Him, and that although God is sorrowful with them, He will make good come out of this. I pray that many people come to Jesus because of this incident. Also I pray that children everywhere can be safe.

No comments: