Sunday, April 29, 2007

A good weekend, almost

Well, the shower went really well. Teresa was happy with all of her shower gifts, and it was really good to see everyone and spend time with some of my family. I missed having DH home.

DDs had a great time with their cousins, and then we had a good time together after they all left. DD1 mowed the lawn for her dad, so he wouldn't have to when he got home. It took some encouraging from me, but she came through. So to celebrate, I took DDs to Blockbuster where DD1 could pick the movie. She pick "The Holiday". Then we went to DQ to some dinner and ice cream to eat while we watched the movie. It was a good movie and we all enjoyed it.

DH just walked in the door after a long day and drive home. He called earlier to tell me that one of his friends had a heart attack. I guess it happened yesterday, and he in the local hospital. I suppose we'll go see him tomorrow. In addition to that bad news, my brother has been diagnosed with shingles. Poor guy, he's in alot of pain and will be home from work for at least a day. So I've been doing lots of praying for both of these guys. I don't know the details of our friend's situation, but please God help him fully recover. He has a family that needs him!

So if there's anyone out there reading this, please pray for these good men!

Update added 5/7/07: I'm happy to report that both of these fellas are fine. My brother is doing well, and back to work. He said he's full of scabs, but no ill effects. DH's friend is out of the hospital. The doctor found one artery 80% blocked. They put in 2 stints, and after a few days rest in the hospital he's fine. He's going to be off work for 3 weeks, but will be fine. Praise God!!!

No comments: