Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Euchre at our house

We ended up having Euchre at our house this past Saturday, and it was a busy weekend. Friday we had a nice family night with the 4 of us. It was relaxing and nice to be together for a whole evening. This just doesn't happen often anymore.

On Saturday, DH asked me if he could stay home and work on the pergola while I took DDs for their dance recital dress rehearsal. I told him that was fine. So I drove downtown by myself and the girls. We got there shortly after 10 a.m., and then left for home at about 4 p.m. We took DD1's friend home and got home about 5. I had a tad bit of time to straighten up and get things ready for Euchre as people were coming over at 7. My brother and SIL sat in for one of our usual couples that couldn't make it because of their youngest son's baseball game. It was fun. I stunk, but still had fun. I also didn't do well with my food choices, but I knew that would be a problem. So I did as best as I could and didn't beat myself up for not staying on program.

Sunday we went to church and then to the DDs dance recital. They did great! It was fun to watch them, although by the 4th time of seeing it, I'd seen it enough. The girls were very tired. We took Jessica home and got home about 8:30, ate dinner and the girls went to bed. I'll try to post some photos when I get them. I'm even thinking about posting some video, although I've got to figure out how to download it from the camera first.

This week has been somewhat quiet. I met with our Hands of Hope mentor to talk about our progress with getting the adoption ministry going at church. He said we're doing the right thing, so we'll keep on the same path. Our team is meeting on May 5, so I'll pass that on to them when we meet. I'm beginning to feel like maybe this ministry will really fly, but I need DH's help on our assigned area "Educate".

The girls are now done with dance, so i've got to purposefully make an effort to go work out. I have no reason now to go to the gym on Wednesdays because they don't have to go to dance. I'm going to do that because someday (God willing) I'm going to have a toddler to chase around and I'll need that stamina!

No comments: