Friday, June 22, 2007

I'm having hard time keeping up with things

Somehow my life has started spinning out of control. It seems like from the moment the girls got out of school, that things have gone crazy. I think it's because of DH traveling more than he has in the last few summers, and of course all the prep work to get ready for DD3. Not that work is any busier than usual, but it too is eating up alot of my time.

Here's what's been happening since my last post. The formation of our adoption ministry at church is picking up speed again. This is another reason that I feel like things are busier than ever. We're meeting on Monday to go over the final Frontline Ministries application for our Hands of Hope ministry. We'll see what Keith thinks and go from there.

My dad is coming in tomorrow for the weekend to play euchre at our monthly party with friends. Since DH has to fly, I was looking for a single person that could fill in. My dad fits the bill! I think he'll like the company and enjoy playing cards again. He and my mom used to play ALOT when we were kids. They played with their friends Dot and Eddie, it seemed like every week. Eddie's been dead for years, and of course with my mom dying too, the foursome had to break up. I don't think he's played in a very long time, but he definitely knows how to play. I hope it will be fun for him and for the rest of us too.

DD1 has been volunteering at the Y this week. She's enjoyed it more than she thought she would, so that's good. She has one more week of volunteering at the day camp. That will be in July. DD2 has been going to swim team at the Y 3 mornings a week, and going to VBS at church everyday this week. I'm volunteering at the final celebration at church by serving pizza. So that should be fun. Things will settle down a little maybe next week, but then again maybe not, as DD2 has 2 swim meets next week!

With the help of the greatest DH ever, we got DD3's dresser put together. It looks really nice, but we need to get it moved into the bedroom. It's setting in the play room facing the backyard. Not the best spot for it!

I've started my packing list using Erin from the October05 DTC group's list as a start. Since we're going to pack carry-on I'm trimming the list where I can. Also, we registered at Target for things for DD3. She's going to be the best dressed baby on the block if we get all the clothes that the girls swiped with the wand! They sure LOVED shopping for DD3. DH wasn't quite as taken with it. He got tired of the girls fighting about who got to scan, and begging to scan things left and right. But we made it through, and I think it really got the girls excited about having a mei mei.

So there's the wrap up of our week. I'll post a photo of the dresser later. Right now I need a nap as I didn't sleep very well last night and had to get up early to get my 4 hours of work in for my paying job.

No comments: