Sunday, June 17, 2007

Now we wait (Some more!)

Everything has been sent to get things ready to go get our Grace. Our adoption agency received the package with the letter of acceptance, passports, visa applications, and other stuff they needed for travel preparations on Thursday. The required paperwork should be on its way to get our TA and visas. I think we'll hear something in about 4 weeks. That's puts us at about mid-July. After that we need our consulate appointment. Then we're on our way.

We've been working on getting the new bills we need to take with us for both the adoption and for the in-China travel. I just realized that my dad will have to have newer bills too for travel. I need to remember to tell him about that. I guess I'll tell him to get new bills for about half of what we need. That shouldn't be too difficult for him, since it's not that many bills. Ours on the other hand are, between needing cash for both the orphanage donation and the travel.

Besides that, I'm still working on putting together the darn dresser. I got it all together, cabinet and drawers, and of course when I tried to put the drawers in the cabinet, they don't fit! The middle drawers fit, but I can't get the top and bottom ones in. It seems the rollers are aligned correctly, but I screwed them in in the holes provided, so I need some help. I'm gonna get DH to help when he has time. Although, I don't know when that will be.

Today if Fathers Day. DH is traveling, so we haven't celebrated wit him yet. And I need to call my dad later. DDs and I went to church this morning, and then took back a tshirt to Kohls, and then went to Paradise Cafe for lunch. Pretty quiet so far.

It's HOT here! It's been in the 90's for the last severals days with no rain. We are in a mild drought according to the news. Our mayor has forbidden watering the lawn, so it's getting browner everyday. DDs have been spending a little time at the pool. DD2 more than DD1. This week is VBS week at church. DD2 will attend, and swm team is in full swing. DD1 is volunteering as a dance captain at Y camp this week. So it should be a busy week.

As for me, I need to get the care package for Grace ordered from Blessed Kids, and then start making a packing list. Besides that, work looms over my head. Busy week!

No comments: