Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Referrals are IN!

Well, rumor has it that referrals are in for the month and that the CCAA got through November 7, 2005! That means that we're in with a LID of 11/4/05!!! WOW!

All day yesterday I stayed away from RQ's website and never checked my email because I was so sick of not hearing anything about referrals. So this morning around 9, I decided to take a peek a RQ. Was I surprised when I saw that a couple of people with a LID of 11/7/05 got "the call" with their referral information. When it became real that we were actually going to see our little girl's face TODAY, I got goosebumps and felt like I was going to burst into tears! I didn't, of course, because I was sitting at my desk at work. I didn't think it would be very professional :-)!

Anyway, now we wait. One of the other waiting mothers sent an email saying she asked Ebbie (our family advocate for our adoption agency) about any news, and he wrote back and said he'd heard nothing yet. I called DH to let him know, but got his voicemail. So I left a wobbly-voiced message for him, that we would probably get the call today. Then I wrote my dad, my brothers and sisters, and my sister-in-law with the same info. Staci called back about 15 minutes later and asked me what I knew - which is nothing yet.

I have to say after over 2 years in this waiting game, it's hard to believe that it's FINALLY going to happen!!! Please, Lord, let us get our call soon!

No comments: