Friday, June 8, 2007

Whew, what a flurry of activity!

It's now been 2 days since our referral for Grace, and things have been a little bit crazy. I had to work yesterday, so not much related to the adoption happened. But DDs were pretty busy. Both had sleepover and playdates. So I had to run them around. DD2 and I went out to dinner and then to the library. I have to say, it was great to have the one on one time with DD2. She's 10, and I don't really get much of a chance to be with just her. I'm either with her and her sister or her and her Dad. So we had a very special time, just the two of us. She's a great kid! We hadn't been to the library much either, so it was great to be able to get some books and movies to share.

I spent alot of the evening after she went to bed reading up on Chongqing and Nanchuan, and surfing the internet. I didn't get to bed until 12:30, and then had to get up around 7 to start work at 8. DD2 slept in until about 8:30, so I had a little bit of time by myself getting some work done. Shortly after that, things got crazy. Our family advocate called and said that he'd emailed Grace's translated medical records, so of course I had trouble concentrating on much else but being able to read it carefully. Unfortunately, I had a teleconference that lasted pretty much the rest of the morning. After that ended I quickly read over the report, and realized that I needed to have our pediatrician look over her medical record and let us know of any concerns very quickly because we have to send back our acceptance by mid-next week. So I quickly showered, dropped the paperwork off, and then had get DD2 over to the pool to meet up with her friends. Well, shortly after that the doctor called, told me what she'd found in the report.

Everything looked good. So now it's on to signing the acceptance form and moving forward with our adoption of Grace!!!

After that, things just didn't stop until I was able to finally sit down around 8:30. I'm pooped, and will sleep well tonight!

No comments: