Thursday, June 14, 2007

Our acceptance letter will be on its way to China tomorrow!

I was able to get everything together, including my dad's visa application and passport, to be able to overnight the travel stuff to our adoption agency yesterday. Well, actually DH did the shipping part, but I got things together to go. So it was a joint effort. We also sent in our signed acceptance letter accepting the referral for Grace. The paperwork is supposed to be on its way to China tomorrow. The visa applications and passports get sent to the closest consulate office I think, but that happens tomorrow too. I guess it's takes about 4 weeks from the time that gets sent in until you get your passport back with the visa, and the same to get travel approval to China. After that they set up our consulate appointment in Guangzhou, and then it's time to make flight arrangements.

We, of course, will be flying space available because of DH's airline job, but our in-China travel will be arranged by our agency's staff in China.

One sad note is that DDs will not be traveling with us. They opted to stay home because they didn't want to miss the start of school. I can understand that, but am disappointed they won't be with us. They will be staying with friends, so they'll be well taken care of.

I'm working on putting together the dresser for Grace, although DD2 has said she want the new dresser and Grace can have the old one. We'll see. I've got the cabinet part put together, but not the drawers. I'll finish that this weekend.

My SIL and Sister are going to throw us a baby shower! How fun!! It will be on July 14, so I've got to get the names and addresses of everyone that we want to invite. I'll try to do that tonight or tomorrow.

This is finally a reality, after waiting so long!!!

No comments: