Friday, June 1, 2007

Ahhhhhhhhh!

I've had it with this week! I've lost my patience. I can't get anything done because I keep thinking about getting our referral. Nothing is happening. Today there is NO news on referrals. No guess as to when they'll come. No new guess as to how far the CCAA will get. Nothing! So I'm going to stop writing about it, and write about other things.

I drove into work today which is unusual for me, because my schedule is to work from home on Friday mornings. Today I had a diagonal slice meeting with the president of our company.I asked about viability of engineering at our location. He said we will stay a technical center, but we won't grow. The growth is coming in China, Mexico and India. That doesn't mean we aren't hiring, but the director of HR said we'd hired 50 people this last year. So not a whole lot. At any rate, I think my job is secure, unless things take an unexpected turn. I'm not worried about that right now though.

In the meantime, DH gets to go to Honolulu for work. What a lucky duck! He's in Chicago tonight and leaves in the morning. It's his first time in Hawaii, and I think he's excited about it. DDs have 2 more days of school left this school year. Then I'll have a 5th grader and an 8th grader! Wow! Time flies. Hopefully by fall we'll have DD3, but who knows what age she'll be.

Here's our weekend plans. I'm bound and determined to get DD2's curtains up and get the beach towels down off her windows. I've got the butterflies sewn on one panel, and will sew the others on tonight. I still need to figure out how the heck I'm going to get the curtain rod up with that big flower finial on it and the closet door so close on the one side. But I'm going to. Once I do that then I can hang the curtains and measure for the length. Lastly, I'll hem the bottom, iron the curtains and be done with it. Hopefully these curtains will keep enough light from coming in. They are pretty shear. We'll try them and see. Wish me luck! Oh, I also have two graduation parties to goto. DD1 wants to have 3 girlfriends go to church with us and then spend the night. I need to work out at least two of the next 3 days, and our house needs to be cleaned. I also need to get DD3's dresser put together. I'm going to put it together downstairs and have DH move it up in DD2 and her room. But before I do that, we've got to de-junk DD2's room. That should be fun - NOT! Anyway, it should be a busy weekend. Hopefully a fun one too.

No comments: